FUNDERS, PARTNERS AND ALLIES
The Mitney Project has received some highly-publicized grants, among them a $1 million Community Block Grant received under the auspices of The Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments (a municipal award, therefore the funds go to the City not to Mitney directly), and a $99,000 grant from the United States Department of Agriculture’s Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program.
Many other groups and individuals are making a commitment to impact the lives of West End youth and their community, and our fundraising efforts continue. Check our progress here. You can help! Donate or Volunteer.
- The United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development Division
- The Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation
- Rotary International
- Bank of America
- Wal Mart Foundation
- International Paper Company Foundation
- More than 200 Individual Change Agents (our special name for our donors) and growing…
Partners and Allies
- Georgetown County Department of Parks and Recreation
- Georgetown Kraft Credit Union, special thanks to Nikki Ewing and Kevin Langford
- Santee Cooper Electric Cooperative
- The United Way
- Georgetown American Gypsum Plant
- Kensington Elementary School
- Maryville Elementary School
- Macdonald Elementary School
- E.J. Plumbing
- Graham Electric
- Ralph Pyatt Tilesetting
- Clarence Greene / All Event Photography
Thank You! We could not have come this far without the help of everyone contributing to this effort.
Articles of Interest
- Learning Arts and the Brain - The Dana Foundation
- The Art of Problem Solving - The Guggenheim Museum
- Arts Education Quick Facts - Americans for the Arts
- The YouthARTS Development Project - The US Department of Justice
- "Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Recent Posts - Blog