Thanks to our donors’ incredible support, Mitney Center launched on December 10, 2013. The medical office of Dr. Joan Wynn-Taylor opened in the Center in January 2014.
Generous gifts from many organizations and individuals underwrite programming at Mitney Center which has served nearly 2,000 disadvantaged residents in Georgetown since The Mitney Project began activities; nearly 980 residents in 2014 alone. The Project is committed to fiscal responsibility and transparency. 78% of received donations go into programs and the remaining funds support operations of the Community Center.
Generous support from our partners at the Georgetown County Council and the County’s Department of Recreation, and The Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation and Rotary International has been instrumental in the founding and continued growth of Mitney activities and the residents we serve.
Our new partnership with South Carolina Arts Commission will further the development of Mitney’s arts initiatives in fiscal year 2015-2016.
Our Mission:POSSIBLE blog is kept updated with stories of progress.
Articles of Interest
- Learning Arts and the Brain - The Dana Foundation
- The Art of Problem Solving - The Guggenheim Museum
- Arts Education Quick Facts - Americans for the Arts
- The YouthARTS Development Project - The US Department of Justice
- "Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Recent Posts - Blog